The back story 1-34 here.
Mid-Terms Paper I; Answers
- Organisations are on a constant quest for differentiation. Why? And what are the primary sources?
Assuming the market wants what you are offering, differentiation enables you to distinguish yourself on aspects apart from price. And assuming the market does want your differentiating features it then allows you to charge more for your solution. Differentiation can be found in the company, in any solution you are offering and you yourself.
- Does the study of ethics have a place on the modern MBA course? Discuss.
If we want effective organisations which respect individuals, the community and the planet as well as making loads of money, then yes.
- What was Drucker's primary contribution to modern management thinking?
To make management a science, MBO or Management By Objectives being a very simple example.
- What is the essential difference between correlation and causation?
Vegetarians may be healthy (correlation) but that does not necessarily mean that becoming a vegetarian will make you healthier (that would be causation).
- Many criticise the MBA for being disconnected from 'the real world'. Discuss.
It's less the fault of the MBA and more that those who leave an MBA are reluctant to put their knowledge into early use and rapidly get absorbed into the chaotic business practices of many firms.
Instant MBA, the book
Brilliant at the Basics of Business 100, the book