1. Start with you. You must be able to lead yourself before you can lead others.
2. Model the behaviours you want. If you want people to listen more: listen more.
3. Leadership is top-down + bottom-up. Great leaders address both.
4. Top-down is providing an inspiring and relevant vision: where you will take them.
5. Bottom-up is day-to-day stuff such as relevant team meetings etc.
6. Assess your team in terms of skill set+ attitude. Help them develop both.
7. Ask 'who can replace me?'. And help them do it.