- If you sleep long and deep and consistently awake refreshed and before your back-up alarm you do not need to read further. Continue to follow the excellent patterns you have in place.
- But if you do not, then decide that you will do something about your poor sleep patterns. Lack of sleep is torture, damaging to health and a major blocker to your creativity.
- Restore the bedroom to a haven of tranquillity. Stop using it as an office, storage area and cinema for late-night films.
- Check the basics: decent mattress, not too cold/warm, sufficient ventilation.
- Deliberately get rid of stimulants e.g. tea/coffee or work/e-mail in the last few hours before sleep.
- Ensure you have some down-time during the day: if not sleep will be the opportunity for the mind to do its worrying and you'll wake at 3am doing so. Take a walk at lunch-time, get up from your chair and stretch during the day,
- Eat earlier rather than later to avoid sleeping when the body is still digesting food.
- The ‘old tricks’: warm bath, warm milk, a good classic calming novel all work to induce easy sleep.
- If you awake too early worrying about the next day or life or ‘stuff', sit up, close your eyes and focus on your breathing. As you feel sleepy, slip back down under the covers.
- Your goal is to sleep long, deep and awake naturally. The alarm is simply a back-up.
- Act. Sleep deprivation is not good for work, play nor health.
Bonus 2: 22 Things to do on Planet Earth
Bonus 6: Slow 22
Bonus 12: Brilliant at the Basics of Business
Bonus 13: Routes to Less Stress 22
Bonus 14: That Other F Word
Bonus 15: What's Wrong with The Typical Corporate Selling Machine, 11
Bonus 18: 22 Ways to Get Better at Anything
Bonus 19: 22 Routes to Becoming Unstoppable.
Bonus 20: Re-boot 22
Bonus 21: 22 Ways to Better Results at the Gym
Bonus 22: 11 Ways to Fix that Presentation
Bonus 23: 22 Things to do on Vacation
Bonus 24: 11 Things to do in September
Bonus 25: 22 Things to do at Work
Bonus 26: 22 Ways to Reduce Stress
Bonus 27: 22 Things to Learn
Bonus 30: The 22 Reasons Earth wins 'best planet ever, anywhere' award 2016.
Bonus 31: The Less of Eleven
Bonus 33: 22 Ways To Build Your personal Brand