- Clarity is everything. Heightened clarity is amazing; better than a jogger's high. So, in 50 words or less: exactly what do you want? Make it explicit. Detailed & concrete. And brief.
- Now decide to turn the power of attention on that desire. Fitter? That's where your attention should be. Writer? That's where your attention should be.
- If there is one thing you can be sure of in 2017, it is that there will be 1001 things to potentially diminish, distract and destroy the power of your laser-like attention. BUT NOT FOR YOU. Be it work, rest or play: focus on what you want, not what you don't want.
- Now write a list of things of which to let go in 2017. From anger to sugar. From debt to zombie films. Let it go....
- You can do anything but you can't do everything.
- Max your attention by automating everything you possibly can so your precious brain power is reserved for the vital few: the things which give you the return you seek.
- List your vital few. They get 90% of your time.
- List your trivial many. They get 10% of your time.
- Max your attention by building will-power muscle. Say no to everyday addictions: digital distractions, junk TV and zero food-value snacks. Do less, achieve more.
- Stop pinching time from sleep, relationships and health simply to be on a conference call at a ridiculous time with The Mother Ship. It immobilises your oooomph.
- Max that attention by building colossal reserves of energy: move, mobilise, meditate. Read the definitive protocol.
- Create a plan. Action & date.
- Fill that plan with short, simple, time-friendly, brain-friendly actions.
- Ask your local friendly copy-shop guys to produce that plan in poster format: stick it on the door of your fridge.
- Print & laminate a credit-card format of the plan. Carry it everywhere. Look at it every hour, on the hour. Work that plan and it will work for you.
- Print an A4/A5 version and tape it into the front of your personal, paper note-book.
- Do one action every day.
- If your resolve should waver,(re-)read Into the Void and/or watch 127 Hours. At the end, close the book/switch off the screen, sit quietly and think sh*t and then get back to work.
- Keep the plan visible. Put huge ticks against accomplishments.
- Update the plan but keep old versions with the ticks. Love your progress.
- Notice the change in your mindset and physiology as you become...... t o t a l l y unstoppable.
- Decide: To Get What You want in 2017.
Bonus 2: 22 Things to do on Planet Earth
Bonus 6: Slow 22
Bonus 12: Brilliant at the Basics of Business
Bonus 13: Routes to Less Stress 22
Bonus 14: That Other F Word
Bonus 15: What's Wrong with The Typical Corporate Selling Machine, 11
Bonus 18: 22 Ways to Get Better at Anything
Bonus 19: 22 Routes to Becoming Unstoppable.
Bonus 20: Re-boot 22
Bonus 21: 22 Ways to Better Results at the Gym
Bonus 22: 11 Ways to Fix that Presentation
Bonus 23: 22 Things to do on Vacation
Bonus 24: 11 Things to do in September
Bonus 25: 22 Things to do at Work
Bonus 26: 22 Ways to Reduce Stress
Bonus 27: 22 Things to Learn