(31) The French market and the glory of fresh, local vegetables. And simple French practised.
(32) New PB/personal best at the gym.
(33) The movie Casablanca: "we'll always have Paris".
(34) The longest, tightest hug.
(35) The Beatles: 'Here, There and Everywhere'
(36) Home made chicken soup.
(37) Courtesy and helpfulness from a total stranger.
(38) Reading aloud to an appreciative audience.
(39) First in the pool for the early morning swim.
(40) Making home-made jams and chutneys from autumn/fall produce.
Simplest of Pleasures 101:
1-10, including: Books. Stack of wood for the burner. French-press coffee.
11-20, including: Kisses blown to you from across the crowded departure gate.
21-30, including: A well-engineered fountain pen.