- Stay courteous at all times.
- Arrive on time for meetings.
- Only accept digital interrupts when on your own.
- Explicitly agree the actions at the end of a meeting and/or conversation.
- Never talk negatively about a member of the team: it stops trust and hence a high performance team being formed.
- Stay hydrated.
- Stand a lot.
- Take the stairs for exercise and heart rate boost.
- Shorten meetings and have more gaps in the day to actually think.
- Sort out e-mail once and for all.
- Always be reading a good leadership book.
- Become brilliant at recruiting.
- Don't play last one out the car park at the end of the day games. Do the job. Go home.
- Separate it from home life.
- Be creative by practising the skill.
- Bring your own planned nutritious lunch.
- Become awesome at what you do.
- Keep asking: am I using my brain? Or am I just hitting reply/reply all a lot?
- Reduce the coffee intake.
- Notice if you are getting irritated. It may be the job. Or it may be deep fatigue: switch off fully and get deep sleep.
- Only have 1 list of areas on which to focus.
- When not at work, don't 'do work'.
Bonus 2: 22 Things to do on Planet Earth
Bonus 6: Slow 22
Bonus 12: Brilliant at the Basics of Business
Bonus 13: Routes to Less Stress 22
Bonus 14: That Other F Word
Bonus 15: What's Wrong with The Typical Corporate Selling Machine, 11
Bonus 18: 22 Ways to Get Better at Anything
Bonus 19: 22 Routes to Becoming Unstoppable.
Bonus 20: Re-boot 22
Bonus 21: 22 Ways to Better Results at the Gym
Bonus 22: 11 Ways to Fix that Presentation
Bonus 23: 22 Things to do on Vacation
Bonus 24: 11 Things to do in September