- Follow a system. There are plenty out there. Find one, and give it a chance.
- Never, ever forget there are three parts to the system: nutrition, resistance (weights) and CV. All need to be addressed.
- But within that there are plenty of options e.g. for CV running, dance, cycling, skipping...
- And different proportions thus canoeing gives significant CV and tremendous arm building.
- Do something.
- Measure and record.
- Notice improvements.
- Accept plateaus.
- Work hard enough. Breathing hard (but under control). Significant perspiration.
- Buy some personal training every so often to
- (1) raise your standards
- (2) improve your form
- Study fitness. What works? And what is hearsay?
- Support the intensity and focus of the gym with high levels of general activity including
- (1) walk everywhere
- (2) climb everywhere
- (3) stand a lot
- Eat simple, local, clean with high proportions of vegetables.
- Mobilise frequently to keep joints moving. Self-massage to remove aches and pains. Read Kelly Starrett
- Think Hunter-Gatherer
- Remember rest is vital to good recovery: take complete rest days.
- And sleep long and deep.
Bonus 2: 22 Things to do on Planet Earth
Bonus 6: Slow 22
Bonus 12: Brilliant at the Basics of Business
Bonus 13: Routes to Less Stress 22
Bonus 14: That Other F Word
Bonus 15: What's Wrong with The Typical Corporate Selling Machine, 11
Bonus 18: 22 Ways to Get Better at Anything
Bonus 19: 22 Routes to Becoming Unstoppable.
Bonus 20: Re-boot 22