- Celebrate more often: you've got a place on the planet, the one consistently rated the best in the known universe. Don't let a day go by without remembering that. That irritating e-mail is just a tiny grain of sand in the enormity of it all.
- Thoughts come and go. Choose the best ones. You do not need to be your crappy thoughts.
- Hang out with people you want to hang out with. They enliven, they encourage and they get it.
- Read a classic book every week. Here's a selection to start.
- Visit Earth's greatest edges where you (re-)realise the specialness of it all: sea-shores, mountains and the desert are great places to start.
- Write every day until you expunge your demons.
- Become self-reliant: it makes things a damn sight easier.
- Get away from light pollution, look up and (re-)learn a constellation or two. Remember: Man's an explorer and has sailed to the edge of the planet, written sagas and stepped on the Moon. You too: go beyond the mall.
- Phone your mum/mom regularly.
- Walk bare-foot. Yeah, a bit hippieish (official spelling) but you do feel very grounded. And your toes will spread and love it.
- Have a plan to do a job you want to do. One where you are achieving mastery, you are feeling good and breaking the limiting equation, time=money and replacing with the empowering equation, value=money; then you can make what you need without working 24 by 7.
- Return to common-sense Hunter-Gatherer. Just up-date it a bit.
- Sort out your Tools of Excellence.
- Get very, very good at mood management. Play-lists are the speedy answer and DJ Kurt is your man.
- Become smarter every day.
- S l o w down time by being in the moment more often.
- Be an encourager. Say thank you. Make a conversation an investment not simply a transaction. Make contact with him/her; don't wait. And above all, Don't let anyone spoil your day.
- Do less cubicle time, fewer e-mails and zero glucose syrup.
- This line is deliberately left blank.
- Have spaces in your day, have space in your week, have space in your notebook. To breathe.
- Look after yourself.
- Start now.
Bonus 9: Brilliant at the Basics of Business
Bonus 10: Routes to Less Stress 22
Bonus 11: That Other F Word
Bonus 12: What's Wrong with The Typical Corporate Selling Machine, 11
Bonus 15: 22 Ways to Get Better at Anything
Bonus 16: 22 Routes to Becoming Unstoppable.