- Read the best book on the subject by the best expert.
- Practise the skill daily.
- Fill a notebook with key points, learnings and tips on the subject.
- Read that notebook (3) daily.
- Create a plan of incremental improvement.
- Keep that plan (5) visible.
- Have a check-list of goals and sub-goals.
- Check that list (7), daily.
- Talk to experts and practitioners.
- Note exactly what they (9) do. Not necessarily what they say they do.
- Track down videos of such practitioners (9).
- Watch, watch and re-watch (11) in slow motion such videos.
- Ask for some coaching from an expert.
- Pay for some coaching from an expert.
- Read George Leonard's book: Mastery.
- Accept frustrations as part of learning.
- Accept dips and plateaus (15) as part of learning.
- Pause and enjoy successes.
- Sometimes take a long break from learning.
- Sometimes immerse yourself in intensive learning.
- Enjoy feeling good with mastery.
- Decide to get better. Much, much better. Daily.
Bonus 6: Brilliant at the Basics of Business
Bonus 7: Routes to Less Stress 22
Bonus 8: That Other F Word