- Get an idea for a solution or product or service.
- By noticing what's missing out there.
- Is anyone else doing it?
- If they are, how are you different?
- Go back to 1 if you said 'cheaper' to question 4.
- How much will you charge for your solution/service/product?
- From 6, how much profit will you make?
- Will this profit sustain a business which can pay decent salaries, re-invest in future product and every so often make a mistake and/or weather a down-turn?
- Read this if your answer was 'no' or hesitant in any way to 8 (hey, nobody said this could be done in ten minutes). The book version is here.
- How will you tell the world about your idea?
- If you answered 'twitter' to 10, that is your Plan C not A nor B.
- You need a Plan A and a Plan B.
- If you have spent any time on the logo, fancy by-lines or pantone colours or choice of coffee machines you are getting distracted by trivia.
- Go take a walk and start again at 6.
- Write everything up:
- What your new company does.
- How it is different from any competition.
- How it will make money.
- And not just money but profit.
- Sleep on it.
- OK: now you can work on a name, a logo, a by-line and a pantone colour.
- Start and get aboard the roller-coaster of running your own enterprise and having a lot of fun, learning a lot about yourself and making the world a better place.
Bonus 6: Brilliant at the Basics of Business
Bonus 7: Routes to Less Stress 22
Bonus 8: That Other F Word