- Nobody seems to have defined where marketing ends and selling begins. Less accountability, more chaos. More chaos: missed targets.
- Nor the difference between selling and negotiation: sell first. Then maybe negotiate.
- Discounting is not a skill. It's a slippery slope.
- A slide-deck is not a pitch. It's a set of bullets free of engagement, emotion and closure.
- You can't sell with e-mail nor tweets nor instagram. That's marketing. People sell.
- Qualification and many other skills have not been trained. And yet all are free and explained in How To Sell Brilliantly (left hand side of blog).
- Targets are confusing: what is really wanted? Revenue? Profit? Share?
- No coaching: imagine raising everybody's performance by just 1%. That's what good coaching will do at least.
- In the difference pie there are three elements: company and product and salesperson: integration of the three is the killer solution.
- Price is 99% psychology.
- The fine art of proactive selling is not trained, encouraged nor rewarded.
Bonus 5: Brilliant at the Basics of Business
Bonus 6: Routes to Less Stress 22
Bonus 7: That Other F Word