- A personal best.
- That tune from The Magnificent Seven.
- A new city and a new art museum.
- A perfect breeze on a perfect day.
- The first list in Tim O'Brien's The Things They Carried.
- A friend helped.
- Paris, Ile Saint-Louis: "cafe petite noire", 7am.
- A shirt well ironed.
- Just knowing she'll turn up: late perhaps. But she"ll be there.
- Simple omelette: eggs, onions, salt and black pepper. Perhaps some garlic. Go on: red pepper, too.
- After weeks on the road: checking out. Done, dusted and heading home: the feel of that taxi seat.
- Dahl and rice.
- Up town, mid town, down town: lights on green.
- Azure 007FFF.
- Rain bouncing off shoes well polished.
The first fifteen
The second fifteen
The third fifteen