1. When I first heard Elvis' voice, I just knew that I wasn't going to work for anybody, and nobody was going to be my boss. He is the deity supreme of rock and roll religion as it exists in today's form. Hearing him for the first time was like busting out of jail. I thank God for Elvis Presley. Bob Dylan.
2. Forget to remember the stuff you don’t need any more. Richard Bandler
3. Just as every fairy-tale begins with once upon a time, every Thai meal begins with a bowl of hot steaming soup. Menu in Singapore restaurant.
4. Feel the fear and do it anyway. Susan Jeffers
5. I went in for the keys, then locked up and went down the steps to the garage. By the time I backed the Lincoln out and had it pointed down the hill, I could see the sun was spinning gold on the Pacific. Michael Connelly: The Brass Verdict
6. What does this situation say about you?
7. The supreme accomplishment is to blur the line between work and play. Ellen Langer.
8. Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies. Aristotle.
9. Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? Mary Oliver.
10. Love is the answer, but while you're waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty interesting questions. Woody Allen
11. Make Meaning. Guy Kawasaki
12. That amazing bread from the San Francisco Farmers Market. How do they do that?
13. Quality is not job one. Being totally fu*king amazing is job one. Hugh of Gaping Void.
14. Listen to what the man said. Lennon & McCartney.
15. Go ahead. Make my day. Clint Eastwood.
16. Right about ten Jim showed up in the kitchen doorway. He held a tall iced coffee with milk and between his fingers was a smoking Lucky Strike. Andre Dubus III: Bluesman.
17. The Michelangelo drawings on tour.
18. People say I don't take criticism well-but what the hell do they know? Graucho Marx.
19. You must be the change you see in the world. Ghandi.
20. Fear only Fear
21. The greatest danger is not that we aim too high and miss it, but too low and reach it. Michelangelo.
22. You are the storyteller of your own dream and you can create your own legend or not. Isabel Allende.
23. When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps. Confucius
24. Go for it.
25. Everyone wants an exciting life-but most are afraid to take the bulls by the horns. So they take an easy option for an exciting Life. Paul Arden
26. Never mistake activity for achievement. John Wooden
27. Ask people what they want and they say they want to be happy..but people often do it in a roundabout way: they want things to be happy. If we make happiness our primary goal instead of our secondary goal then we can easily accomplish everything we desire. Happiness for a reason is just another form of misery as the reason for happiness can be easily taken away from you. Deepak Chopra.
28. You cannot know someone at the same time in the light of love and the light of justice. Niels Bohr.
29. Our job in this Life is not to shape ourselves into some ideal we image we ought to be, but to find out who we really are and to become it. Steven Pressfield.
30. It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen. George Orwell: 1984
31. The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well, on the surface of a gas-covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be. Douglas Adams
32. It would be easier to roll up the entire sky into a small cloth than it would be to obtain true happiness without knowing the self. Upanishads.
33. So then we went to HP and they said ‘hey, we don’t need you. You haven’t even been though college yet’. Steve Jobs.
34. The note she slipped in your jacket pocket.
35. Whatever you do, do it with passion. Carlos Castaneda.
36. Dream as if you will live for ever. Live as if you will die today. James Dean
37. A map is not functional until you know where you are on it. David Allen of GTD fame
38. The waiter brought a traditional Arab mezzeh of ground chick-pea and eggplant, stuffed kibbeh, atbbouli and halloumi cheese. Body of Lies: David Ignatius
39. Sure. Life could always be better. But happiness is all about gaining a sense of proportion and perspective. Robin Sharma
40. You do not accept lukewarm service, so why accept a lukewarm career? Sally Hogshead.
41. It's always showtime. David D'Allesandro
42. Your notebooks from the year 2000.
43. Follow your Bliss. Joseph Campbell.
44. Your child’s parents evening.
45. Talent is in choices. Robert De Niro.
46. The law of compensation: your income is determined by how many people you serve and how well you serve them. Bob Burg/John David Mann. The go-giver
47. The quality of our future will depend directly on the quality of our thinking. Edward de Bono
48. Bond: Vodka Martini. Bartender: Shaken or stirred? Bond: Do I look like I give a damn? James bond, Casino Royale film
49. What scares you make you stronger. Guy Kawasaki.
50. It is not the strongest of the species that survive nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. Darwin
51. Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer. Don Carleone. The Godfather.
52. It's easy to sit there and say you'd like to have more money. And I guess that's what I like about it. It's easy. Just sitting there, rocking back and forth, wanting that money. Jack Handey.
53. Love the dip, Love the plateau. George Leonard
54. Fuck it. Let’s do it. Richard Branson.
55. Vacation is what you take when you can't take what you have been taking any longer. Cowardly Lion, Wizard of Oz.
56. And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make. Lennon & McCartney
57. Those who never take risks can only see other people's failures. Paulo Coelho
58. A day hiking.
59. Don't be trapped by dogma-living with the results of other people's thinking. Steve Jobs
60. There is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way. Dalai Lama
61. Have you ever thought about any real freedoms? Freedom from the opinions of others...even from the opinions of yourself? Colonel Walter E Krutz Apocalypse Now
62. What is success? To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people And the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics And endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty; To find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by A healthy child, a garden patch Or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed Easier because you have lived; This is to have succeeded. Ralph waldo Emerson
63. Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you better start running. African proverb, Thomas L Friedman, The World is Flat.
64. Make sure you have finished speaking before your audience has finished listening. Dorothy Sarnoff
65. Plans are worthless, but planning is everything. Dwight D Eisenhower
66. Each day, deliberately and consciously, do more than one thing to make the world a little better Srikumar Rao, author of Are You Ready to Succeed?
67. A day without spending.
68. Your toddler’s view of the world.
69. Dawn breaking.
70. Gentleman’s relish on hot buttered toast.
71. If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less. Eric Shinseki
72. Discover what you don't like doing and stop doing it. Marcus Buckingham.
73. A year from now you may wish you had started today. Karen Lamb .
74. Sitting by a real fire when it’s cold outside.
75. We have a ‘strategic’ plan. It’s called doing things. Herb Kelleher, founder, Southwest Airlines
76. You must be the change you wish to see in the world. Gandhi
77. Sand drifting through your hands as you walk down the beach.
78. Do one thing every day that scares you. Eleanor Roosevelt
79. Nobody can go back and start a new beginning but anyone can start today and make a new ending. Maria Robinson.
80. A relaxing bath
81. Don’t count the days, make the days count. Muhammad Ali
82. Mrs. Robinson by Simon and Garfunkel. Such a gorgeous track.
83. There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein
84. Nobody can prevent you from choosing to be exceptional. Mark Sanborn, The Fred Factor
85. Have you invested as much this year in your career as in your car? Molly Sargent, OD consultant and trainer
86. Perfect paella from the flea Market, Sunday morning, Madrid.
87. I can.
88. I will.
89. A college photo.
90. Everything you need is already inside. Just do it. Nike Ad
91. The garden.
92. Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish. Steve Jobs.
93. Her smile.
94. Every artist was first an amateur. Ralph Waldo Emerson
95. Across the Universe by The Beatles
96. Challenge is the space between what is and what can be. Joshua L Hilley
97. Who wills, can. Who tries, does. Who loves, lives. Anne McCaffrey
98. This too will pass.
99. A day without e-mail
100. No failure only feedback.
101. People think I’m disciplined. It is not discipline. It is devotion. There is a great difference. Luciani Pavarotti