1. Apple does it by being cool.
2. Steve Jobs knows form is function.
3. iPod or Zune; it’s a non-brainer.
4. Michael Wade does it by quantity and quality and speed to (his) market.
5. You can do it by price: but only for 17 nano-seconds until somebody undercuts you.
6. Do it by service: faster, friendlier, easier.
7. Do it by experience: longer-lasting. More colourful.
8. Paul Schwend does it by giving out his home phone number to clients
9. Difference can be friendliness like Innocent Juices.
10. Matt does it through his new ideas lab.
11. The Beatles did it by constant re-invention.
12. Don Winslow does it by tight action-paced writing with fantastic characters in his novels.
13. How are you different?
14. What’s your brand?
15. Your brand is what people say about you when you are not present.
16. You don’t want to be like the WH SMITH brand. Dull. Dreary. So what?
17. You want to be the Grand Central, New York of your field.
18. So, how are you different?
19. It could be your standards.
20. Dire is a standard. It gets you sacked
21. Poor is standard. Gets you sacked, too.
22. OK is a standard. Until the first re-org.
23. Good is a standard until the second re-org. Good is no longer good enough.
24. Very Good is a standard which gets you noticed.
25. Excellent is a standard which gets you opportunities
26. Outstanding is a standard which gets you chased.
27. Awesome is a standard which gets you the world.
28. Audi cars do it by consistency throughout their range.
29. Volvo now do it by safety desirability.
30. Bose do it by amazing sound quality.
31. The local primary school did it by banning junk food during the day.
32. You do it by insisting your meetings run on time to time every time.
33. Singapore does it by being clean. Everywhere.
34. New York does it by being exciting.
35. Reasons to be different, part 1
36. Less price pressure.
37. Positions you as special.
38. Gets them to choose you.
39. The Rolling Stones do it by being the Greatest Rock ‘n Roll Band on the Planet-even though they say it themselves.
40. Reasons to be different Part II
41. It’s much more fun to lead than to follow.
42. How to be different Part I
44. Old-fashioned vanilla flavour.
45. In red.
50. More knowledgeable.
51. Not using PowerPoint.
52. Seeing people rather than sending an e-mail.
53. Being on time
54. Being courteous.
55. Lufthansa do it at Munich airport by making it so easy to check in.
56. Mercury does it by being a liquid metal.
57. Difference means
58. You are special.
59. They choose you.
60. They want you.
61. Most video rental companies don’t do it- but one could.
62. Most banks don’t do it –but one could.
63. Most shops don’t do it-but one could.
64. Body Shop had it by 'no animal' testing.
65. In times past you could be obscure but secure-now that’s harder. Michael Goldharber. Wired.
66. Cirque du Soleil has it by re-inventing theatre.
67. Michael Sampson does it by awesome knowledge and references.
68. Cultural Offering does it by mix.
69. Rowan Manahan does it by humour.
70. Be different.
71. Singapore Airlines does it by being courteous –even –heck-in economy.
72. It’s not the product.
73. It’s a bit the brand.
74. It’s certainly the service.
75. But mostly it’s the experience.
76. Experience is about investing in the customer.
77. It’s not that they are always right.
78. It is not that they know that they want.
79. But they are your Life-blood.
80. Decide to be different.
81. Organise an off-site.
82. How are we different?
83. How can we be more different?
84. Distinct or extinct!
85. There is very little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference! The little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative. Dale Carnegie
86. Kotler’s 4Ps could help:
91. Upgrade your skills constantly and consistently.
92. Difference is a choice.
93. Difference is a mindset.
94. Difference can be sheer energy.
95. Difference can be sheer oomph.
96. Difference can be on the road 30 minutes earlier.
97. How are you different?
98. What’s your brand?
99. Your brand is what people say about you when you are not present..
100. So, how are you different?
101. HOW ARE YOU DISTINCT?