1. Guitar bands are on their way out, Mr. Epstein. Dick Rowe rejecting the Beatles for Decca records.
2. Rule 1: you have got to believe in yourself.
3. Rule 2: return to Rule 1, whatever happens.
5. =A High Performance Team.
6. Paul: leader, team player, innovator, enthusiast.
7. The Beatles were a great little band. Paul.
8. John: leader, loner, on a quest to sort out his demons (aren’t we all?), maverick.
9. Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. John
10. George: philosopher.
11. The Beatles will exist without us. George.
12. Ringo: lovable pragmatist.
13. That was a great time. I was in my 20s, had lots of energy. I have great memories of it.Ringo.
14. A unique product:
16. =yeah, yeah, yeah.
18. =And I love her. And I love her.
19. –Story tellers
20. =Father McKenzie, writing the words of a sermon that no-one will hear, Eleanor Rigby. Eleanor Rigby.
21. -Likeable and loveable
22. =And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make. The End.
24. =There will be an answer, let it be. Let it be.
25. -Constant Innovators
26. =a band within a band.
27. =We're Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band. Sgt Pepper.
28. –amazing hard-workers
29. =not just a boy band-a high-performance team.
30. –awesome branding
31. = suits, hair-cut…
32. So, how did the Beatles do it? The Beatles: Seven Levels of Genius.
33. Genius Level L1: Liverpool.
34. >whatever your origins: Liverpool or Slough or Marseilles or Brooklyn: believe-as they did-you can make it happen.
35. >know what you want: we want to be toppermost of the poppermost
36. =life is very short and there’s no time; For fussing and fighting, my friend. We can Work It out.
37. >use what you have , don’t try and be who you are not
38. =Get back to where you once belonged. Get Back.
39. >work hard
40. =8 days a week
41. =sleep in the van
42. SO, WHAT CAN WE-MERE MORTALS-LEARN FROM THE BEATLES?
43. FOLLOW YOUR PASSION; ANY OTHER MODEL IS NON-SUSTAINABLE.
44. DON'T KNOW YOUR PASSION? FOLLOW YOUR BEST APPROXIMATION OF IT UNTIL YOU TRULY DISCOVER IT.
45. (WHICH YOU WILL: THAT’S WHY YOU ARE HERE)
46. Genius Level L2: Live & Breathe
47. >work at it until it is wired-in.
48. >play everything you can, every place you can
49. =Hamburg: 24 by 7
50. > not just music-an EXPERIENCE
51. =wit+leather+singing (version 1)
52. =wit+suits+singing+songwriting (version 2)
53. =creativity+studio+individuals+songwriter+radical experimenting (version 3)
54. >put the hours in
55. =The Cavern
56. SO, WHAT CAN WE-MERE MORTALS-LEARN FROM THE BEATLES?
57. DO IT UNTIL IT IS WIRED IN
58. MASTERY REQUIRES TEN YEARS;
59. SO DO IT MORE+FASTER: GAIN MASTERY IN LESS TIME.
60. Genius Level L3: Lift-off.
61. >Keep at it
62. >Keep at it
63. >Keep at it
65. >Get lucky: opportunities x skill
66. >not just good: awesome
67. =take every damn gig you can.
68. SO, WHAT CAN WE-MERE MORTALS-LEARN FROM THE BEATLES?
69. FOCUS UNTIL CRITICAL MASS IS REACHED
70. REALISE THERE’S NO HOLDING YOU BACK
71. YOU ARE LEADING YOUR CLIENTS
72. Genius Level L4: Lead the client
73. > Constant innovation.
74. =Stuff ‘Love me do’. How about ‘Let’s do it in the road’?
75. =Sergeant Pepper
76. SO, WHAT CAN WE-MERE MORTALS-LEARN FROM THE BEATLES?
77. LEAD, DON’T FOLLOW!
78. Genius Level L5: Leave at the top
79. >Get out at the top
80. =’I never wanted the Beatles to be has-been. I wanted to kill the band while it was on top’. John Lennon
81. SO, WHAT CAN WE-MERE MORTALS-LEARN FROM THE BEATLES?
82. KNOW WHEN TO GET OUT
83. DON’T STAY A MOMENT TOO LONG
84. DONT THINK OF THE MONEY: THINK OF YOUR ART
85. Genius Level L6: The Legend
86. >They’ve gone and the audience catches up
87. >The best stories remain.
88. > not just singer-songwriters: history-makers.
89. SO, WHAT CAN WE-MERE MORTALS-LEARN FROM THE BEATLES?
90. WHAT IS YOUR STORY?
91. WHAT IS YOUR LEGACY?
92. WHAT IS YOUR LEGEND?
93. Genius Level L7: Legacy: hope
94. > a sound-track to their Life, for many.
95. > an inspiration to new bands.
96. SO, WHAT CAN WE-MERE MORTALS-LEARN FROM THE BEATLES?
97. GIVE WHAT ALL HUMANS DESIRE: HOPE.
98. Thank the Beatles
99. Across the Universe:
Sounds of laughter shades of life
are ringing through my open ears
exciting and inviting me
Limitless undying love which
shines around me like a million suns
It calls me on and on across the universe
100. Love the Beatles
101. Love Life.