1. Read. Discover a new author. Escape.
2. Laugh. With a friend. At a film.
3. Zone: create no-go areas of your Life where work never intrudes.
4. Write in your note-book: this too will pass.
5. Play with the kids a lot more.
6. Remember: it's only a job.
7. Go window-shopping
8. Do nothing but stare out at the rain.
9. Visit a cheap second-hand book-shop and pick up some bargains.
10. Seek professional help.
11. Relax: it's going to be OK
12. Walk a lot more.
13. Reduce your caffeine intake a bit.
14. Don't carry your laptop everywhere: it can build tension in the body.
15. Talk to someone about it.
16. Eat properly.
17. Travel: it creates fresh new perspective.
18. It really will be OK.
19. Learn meditation
20. OR Tai Chi
21. And/or yoga
22. Learn about Ayurveda
23. Read Cultural Offering
24. Write a list of what's causing you stress and solve each point one by one.
25. Write a stream of consciousness to express your frustration.
26. Write your problems on a bit of paper and ceremoniously burn the paper.
27. Get a massage
29. Hug a whole lot more.
30. Take a week off work but don't chase around. Live simply.
31. Re-contact some old friends.
32. Read a book on how to manage stress.
33. Lie on your back
34. Walk on the beach
35. Walk in the mountains
36. Walk in the woods
38. Write your first poetry.
39. Have a long bath. With or without candles.
40. Decide the changes you must make and do the first. Now.
41. Clear out the food cub-board. Bin all the rubbish.
42. Write 100 words entitled: my perfect day.
43. Hold hands and talk.
44. Play a power-game of squash. Fast and furious. Feel a whole lot better.
45. Do some gardening
46. Do some carpentry.
47. Build a wall.
48. Help a friend.
49. Do some voluntary work.
50. Wonder about the Universe.
51. Wonder about the Oceans.
52. Wonder about Eagles.
54. Do a random act of kindness
55. Go to the zoo.
56. Ring your brother. Talk.
57. Watch Grey's Anatomy.
58. OR West Wing.
59. Clear the washing up. Tidy the garage.
60. Go on a hike.
61. Have a day of silence.
62. Agree some new ways of working: with him, with her, with the kids.
64. Think a lot
65. Think some more
66. Drink more water.
67. Drink fewer vodka shots.
68. Bake a cake.
69. Hold him/her tight but just don't talk.
70. It will be OK.
71. Get some early nights and catch up on your sleep.
72. Ask for help.
73. Go to the ballet.
74. Go to the opera.
75. Don't use the car for 1 day: walk.
76. Don't use the credit cards today. Cash or nothing.
77. You will get this stress sorted.
78. You can relax.
79. It will be Ok.
80. This too will pass.
81. Go on a bike ride.
82. Go for swim.
83. Go and read in the park.
84. Go to the library.
88. Really relax.
89. Be here now.
90. Be in this moment.
91. Re-think happy times.
92. Eat outside. Slowly: thinking about each mouthful.
93. Notice what you haven't noticed before.
94. Be grateful.
95. Read indexed.
96. Cry: it will be OK.
97. See the bigger picture. Now.
98. You will get this stress sorted.
99. You can relax.
100. It will be Ok.
101. This too will pass.