1. Model the behaviours you are seeking. Less tell, more show.
2. Catch them doing things right. Reinforce the best behaviours.
3. Start with the relationship you wish to end up with. If you want it to be an adult-to-adult one, start it that way.
4. Remember: the world has moved on. It’s not just your world, it’s their world, too.
5. Maintain core rituals. A family meal, for example.
6. Do 1-to-1s. Spend time on a 1 to 1 basis, frequently.
7. Love them unconditionally. Ensure whatever happens, your children know that you love them.
Join us tomorrow for another 7 by 7.